Thursday, December 10, 2009

Michelle Mueller, on the Close of the Parliament

The Parliament of the World's Religions has ended, at least for now at this time and space (Melbourne). The Parliament intends to continue with its new online network PeaceNext. PeaceNext will help keep these newly formed relationships intact between now and the next Parliament.

My presentations went well. I was blessed to be on a panel on Tuesday with such brilliant and insightful women from around the world. I hope to stay in touch with them and continue collaborating on projects. I would have liked the perspective of an African or African American woman on our panel, but we were at a maximum number with 8 and then 10 anyway. We couldn't really afford to add another to our panel, for it would have limited each individual's speaking time even further.

I leave Melbourne in a few hours for Christchurch, New Zealand. I will continue processing my experiences at the Parliament and write for the COG newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment