Sunday, December 6, 2009

Living in Peace not Pieces with HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati

I started my morning with a devotional called Living in Peace not Pieces: How to Find and Remain Anchored in Joy, Peace, and Bliss amidst the Waves and Storms of Daily Life by HH Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati. He is a great storyteller and his voice for matras is amazing. We began with him singing mantras and then Sadhvi Bhagwati did a guided meditation.

Chidanand_Saraswati.jpg  He said people often come to him and say "I want peace". He says to get rid of the "I want" and what is left? Ego and desire block our peace. Daily prayer and meditation are cleansing. Prayer, in any language, to any divine form, is the practitioner fully engaged in devotion. Meditation is when God talks back. By humbly offering all of our self to the divine we are cleansed and become anchored in the divine which will bring us peace.

They gave all of the participants a copy of his book, Peace: For Us, For our Families, For our Communities and for the World. I have read a couple of passages and I must say his stories come right through the printed page. I am so glad to have been introduced to his work! And having quickly googled him, I find his site at http://www.parmarth.com/ and he has audio at http://www.parmarth.com/audio/audio.html. I'm off to download some inspirational mantras.

Rowan Fairgrove
National Interfaith Representative

No comments:

Post a Comment